ride pics

If you have and idea, a problem, or an accolade, post here.
spiderdave

ride pics

Postby spiderdave » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:20 am

It would be cool to have a place where we could post pics of our rides. I would love to see some of these cars that I'm reading about. Even the unfinished as we go through the throws of idiotsy trying to make these cars look and run the way God intended.
Dave

rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Re: ride pics

Postby rlux4 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:11 am

This is a very good idea that has come up before. Why don't we have a place for members to post a gallery of sorts of our cars? There are examples I could name that would act as motivation for us to bring our car up to thier standard, beauty-wise. Someone more familiar with the forum format might have a better idea, but it seems a subject heading in Fiat Spider Related like "Pictures of Owner's Cars" would be a place where each of us could post a few pictures that would be easily searchable.
Any ideas gang?
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.

ROOK1
Your car is a: 1971 Spider

Postby ROOK1 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:59 am

This is a very good idea. I would like to see the requirement to give a few specs and key words of accessories on the car for searching purposes. Such as '71 Yellow Panasport.

Chris
'71 Spider Yellow '72 Spider Orange
Utah Spider Association

nettxtra

Postby nettxtra » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:40 am

It is a simple matter to include a gallery in the forum, and if we are good to donate to the operation as well this should be a straightforward matter. :)

http://www.flying-bits.org/gallery/index.php

Raze

Postby Raze » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 am

Old topic but would be cool, I mean look at how many posts the engine bay thread got/is getting:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16483

PLEASE add a gallery section, the restoration section just isn't cutting it, OR do something like GrassrootsMotorSports reader's rides which is tied to your account and allows you to upload your vehicles into your 'garage' with photos, updates, and write-up...

Zippy
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat

Postby Zippy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 pm

That is probably the only drawback to this site. I know I get frustrated when I search for a topic, find the answer and go to read the post, only to find that the images are no longer available. This is usually because the orignal poster removed them from whichever photo site they were using to host them. All of my pictures are stored on my own website so they will be available as long as I (or my heirs, in case of my untimely demise) can afford to keep my site up.

I am willing to host images of anyones car if you want. Send me the image and I will put it on my site and then send you the link to put in your post. I would appreciate it if you would make the image the correct size before you send it to me. Send to hotredfiat@gmail.com

Al
1978 Spider

Danno

Postby Danno » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:24 pm

I'll keep most of my pictures to myself, unless of course, you are having low car esteem and you need something ugly to look at to make you feel better about where you are in YOUR restoration.

azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Postby azruss » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 am

look at the entry just below. "can everyone post a pic of their spider" or something like that. very nice review of many of our babies.

So Cal Mark
Your car is a: Fiat

Postby So Cal Mark » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 am

I'll talk with the host about the amount of data we're limited to and see if we have room for this.
Mark Allison
allisonsautomotive.com Fiat and Alfa Romeo parts and service. Performance parts our specialty!
Headers, ignitions, wheels, cams, flywheels
starsmark@hotmail.com 909-981-3566

Raze

Postby Raze » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:43 pm

one normal way others get around the bandwidth issue I've seen is to host only one or two pics with a (more pics) button that redirects to photobucket/flikr/other pic hosting personal site. Other is to limit pic sizes or auto resize incoming down to keep them smaller. These are just some things I've seen. Alternatively you could setup a space where people could use hotlinks like in their threads, but instead in their own space, that takes almost no throughput on your side...

Return to “Discussions About This Site”