Convertible Top Source or Pics

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
hifijoe
Your car is a: 1982 FIAT SPIDER

Convertible Top Source or Pics

Postby hifijoe » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:20 am

Looking for soon to replace the convertible top on my 82 and think im going with canvas (cloth) top this time instead of the Robbins. Any one here have suggestions or pics of their Spider with canvas top ?
Sources i have located are Auto Berry, Convertible Top Guys and EZ Softops. If anyone has used any of these sources or another, let me know how satisfied you were .

Thx
Joe

baltobernie
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1973 Spider [sold]

Re: Convertible Top Source or Pics

Postby baltobernie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Will you be installing this yourself? If so, I'd favor tops sold by vintage Fiat suppliers. Their tech support could prove invaluable.

Robbins offers cloth as well as vinyl material on its tops. This is their Haartz Stayfast:

I could not have done this project. A pro did it using the necessary tools (including Nicopress), know-how and additional materials not provided by any kit.

My only regret is that I didn't get a zipper window. Robbins refused to offer this option, but I have seen other Spiders on this forum with the modification.

KevAndAndi
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat Spider 2000

Re: Convertible Top Source or Pics

Postby KevAndAndi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:51 pm

baltobernie wrote:Will you be installing this yourself? If so, I'd favor tops sold by vintage Fiat suppliers. Their tech support could prove invaluable.

Robbins offers cloth as well as vinyl material on its tops. This is their Haartz Stayfast:

I could not have done this project. A pro did it using the necessary tools (including Nicopress), know-how and additional materials not provided by any kit.

My only regret is that I didn't get a zipper window. Robbins refused to offer this option, but I have seen other Spiders on this forum with the modification.

Electron Top also refused to entertain putting in a zipper window, so I put the top replacement on the back burner. They were concerned the zipper would leak. Why this would be a concern on a car that hasn't seen rain or a car wash in years is a mystery to me.
Kevin
1981 Spider 2000

Return to “Cosmetics”