Looking for some help ...

Post any links that you think would be beneficial to the Fiat Spider enthusiasts here. Please keep the links on topic.
coachcarl
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat Spider Pininfarina

Looking for some help ...

Postby coachcarl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Found a 1979 124 (2000) under a tree in a near by community. It was all apart and in boxes. It is together and running. My boys and I took it for a short drive today. I am still struggling a bit with getting the thing to stay cool. Not sure if I have the system bled off well. Then today I think I discovered that the thermostat is not working well (sitting too long?).

Well I would like to find a Sacramento area mechanic that could help me out with tuning. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

CoachCarl

narfire
Your car is a: 1980 124 spider

Re: Looking for some help ...

Postby narfire » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:58 am

Perhaps a air pocket in the system. To "burp" the coolant system get the front of the car higher, jack and block, ramps or for example I have a steep driveway. Take the rad cap off, heater levers to open and start the car. After a while there might be air burps out the filler. When they stop and you look into the filler and see the coolant flowing, top it up and put the cap back on and you should be good to go.
Eventually many will add a hose filler fitting ( T ) where the heater hose comes out of the fire wall and into the engine.
Chris
80 FI spider
72 work in progress
2017 Golf R ( APR Stg. 1)
2018 F350 crew long box

Return to “Related Web Links”