Random FIAT sighting

General chat about the car goes in here.
nelsonj
Your car is a: 1972 Spider 124

Random FIAT sighting

Postby nelsonj » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 pm

On the way to work today (118 E near the 405) I had a rare Spider sighting. Very nice looking white Spider, with extra mini headlights in the grill. It looked very nice, only one problem: It was stalled in the #2 lane and caused traffic to back up for about 2 miles!!!!

What a shame - I finally see a Spider and its broken down on the freeway causing trouble. Oh the irony.

Did it belong to anyone hear? What happened?

Another story from the "you can't make this stuff up" file.

Peace.
Out.
Simi Valley, California
Spider 1800
Romans 10:9

MrBlimp
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat 124 Spider

Re: Random FIAT sighting

Postby MrBlimp » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Maroon colored Fiat spider sighted at the stone carving workshop my wife and I were attending.

We were taking a lunch break and a guy pulls into the parking lot with it. I yelled out "Where you going with that Fiat?" and he responded "Right here!"

Then we talked Fiats for like 20 minutes before my wife and I went back to stone carving.

He mentioned a rare sighting of his own - saw someone in a green one driving down the road, got him to stop and talk Fiats; found out the guy didn't really have any interest in Fiats, had inherited the car and was using it as a daily driver as he had no other means of transportation.

I mentioned a previous sighting of my own, a guy driving a red 2000 in my area. I spoke to him and found the big dent in the passenger side front fender was from a deer.

Meantime, I had almost driven my Fiat to the stone carving workshop but changed my mind the last second and we took my wife's car instead.
69 Triumph Spitfire
70 MGB
78 Fiat 124 Spider
92 Mustang LX
00 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L - Totaled
00 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0L
05 Hyundai Accent

aevansgatech
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000

Re: Random FIAT sighting

Postby aevansgatech » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:43 pm

Speaking of Spider sightings, the Woodward Dream Cruise was this past weekend and for those who haven't been, it is a true bucket list destination for car lovers. Millions of cars and spectators line the 4 lane (each direction) stretches of Woodward Ave from Downtown Detroit to Downtown Pontiac, MI.

Apparently I was a rare sight, since multiple people shouted out, "WHAT is THAAT" as we cruised on by... :lol: :o
1979 Spider 2000 (gone)
1984 Pininfarina Azzurra (for sale)
1982 Spider 2000 (here to stay)

Return to “Fiat Spider Related”