I worked good when I pulled it: NOT!!

General chat about the car goes in here.
Texsardo
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat Spider Convertible 1800

I worked good when I pulled it: NOT!!

Postby Texsardo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Once again. Burned by one of our caring Fiat brother in arms.
6 out of 6 items I have bought from our expert and caring members is a dud. One transmission that said worked great when pulled but had "cracked bolt hole" turned out to have broken out bolt hole and another that was bent in so bolt would not fit.
Instrument panel gauges that were in good condition: NOT .Glass so fogged, read aged, scratched, you can hardly see dial. Accessories that are in good to great shape, cracked, broken ends, etc. Chrome front trim in great shape that looks like someone used a grinder on it. Last item, ANOTHER "Good working transmission" , "When pulled". Yeah, right. NO FIRST GEAR, POPS OUT AS SOON AS YOU START, a third gear that is a exploration mission to find the gate. But 2,4, and 5 work. Reverse is grinding, playing, praying to find.
Yeah, worked good when pulled. My old tranny without 1st gear worked better than this GOOD WHEN PULLED piece of crap. I stayed all gears must be in good working condition as ii would be using it while I had mine rebuilt. Well so far, 3 tranny that don't work, and $500.00 to have mine swapped out with the GOOD WHEN PULLED one. As a matter of fact, the mechanic drove mine, replaced with piece of crap. When he saw how bad replacement was, he felt sorry for an old VET and didn't charge me full price since he also replaced clutch and other work.
Moral of story. No one on this site can be trusted to be honest with what they dump on you.

Joeype70
Your car is a: 1979 Pininfarina

Re: I worked good when I pulled it: NOT!!

Postby Joeype70 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Sorry to hear that, thats just not right. As a man you have your word and once you dont have that..... the rest is BS!!! Nothing worse then people who take others.......just be fair!!!!!

SunnySideUp
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000 - CSO

Postby SunnySideUp » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Texsardo wrote:Moral of story. No one on this site can be trusted to be honest with what they dump on you.

Really? No one? In my personal experience, any member I have purchase item from on this site, whether a private party or vendor, has stood behind what they sold. If the part failed or was less than advertised, the issue was resolved amicably.

You need to take a good long look in the mirror and re-think your post before claiming the entire membership as untrustworthy.
SunnySideUp

DieselSpider
Your car is a: 1978 124 Spider with Isuzu Turbo Diesel

Postby DieselSpider » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:30 am

And what resolution did they offer when you informed them that what you received was not what they told you they were going to send?

DaveMarcotte
Patron 2021
Patron 2021
Your car is a: Fiat Spider 1977

Postby DaveMarcotte » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 pm

You bought 6 items from one guy without any pictures? if one items discreption didn't match the pic I'd have been suspicious of what I couldn't see, like inside a transmission. A shame you got burnt, but you should know better than to buy completely blind.

I've given away excellent parts and received more than I paid or expected on the couple I bought from member Not to mention some great advice and help on this forum. Your painting all with one brush is just wrong.

spidernut
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat Spider Automatic

Postby spidernut » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 am

That's a bummer.
John G.
1979 Spider (Owned since 2000)
1971 124 Sport Spider (Owned since 2017)
1977 Spider (Sold 2017)
1979 Spider (Disposed of in 2017)
1979 Spider (Sold 2015)
1980 Spider (Sold in 2013)
1981 Spider (Sold in 1985)
2017 Spider (Owned since 2019)

Return to “Fiat Spider Related”