Sudden Miss/ Valve Noise

Keep it on topic, it will make it easier to find what you need.
Shadoobie
Your car is a: 1979 Pininfarina Spider 2000

Re: Sudden Miss/ Valve Noise

Postby Shadoobie » Tue May 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Honestly I don't expect the gasket to have been the problem, as I was still learning when I installed it and I could have missed something along the way. I talked to Matt at Midwest for a while and he recommended me a kit for my engine. I also got a new exhaust cam to give me something to look forward to :P I had the block and head planed before I installed it, so hopefully that's not the problem. I'll post again after the head is off this week.

So Cal Mark
Your car is a: Fiat

Postby So Cal Mark » Tue May 23, 2017 1:07 pm

you need to run a tap down all of the head bolt holes in the block to clean the threads, otherwise you might not be getting accurate torque readings
Mark Allison
allisonsautomotive.com Fiat and Alfa Romeo parts and service. Performance parts our specialty!
Headers, ignitions, wheels, cams, flywheels
starsmark@hotmail.com 909-981-3566

Shadoobie
Your car is a: 1979 Pininfarina Spider 2000

Postby Shadoobie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Well I got everything sorted out, I believe the head gasket failure was a result of not retourquing the HG after 2K miles or so. Seeing as one of the bolts was fairly loose, that seems right. I had it all back together and drove about 250 miles with no problems whatsoever, but something else has happened now. You can see my most recent post about that. Thanks for the responses.

Return to “Engine and Tuning”