34 ADF and fuel lines

Keep it on topic, it will make it easier to find what you need.
MrToon
Your car is a: 1978 CS1

34 ADF and fuel lines

Postby MrToon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:47 am

I got my car in boxes, so I have no idea how the PO set up all the fuel lines or even water hoses. I have a 34 ADF and from old threads I understand that this carb doesn't have a port for the charcoal canister. I don't have a charcoal canister and don't plan on installing one. My problem is then: what do I do with the fuel vapor lines (red in the first picture) to vent the tank? And where does this line (green in the second picture) from my carb go? The workshop manual by Fiat on 32 ADFA says this is for the crankcase blow-by, but I thought the oil-vapor separator hose went straight in the air filter on top of the carburetor? The old threads refer to webpages that have been deleted or moved and photobucket fucks with pictures making it very hard to find the details.

I also have a later electronic pickup dizzy, so I would need to port (blue) my carb? I don't really feel like drilling the carb, so if anyone can explain it step-by-step or offer a solution...

rebar1111
Patron 2019
Patron 2019
Your car is a: 1979 124Spider

Re: 34 ADF and fuel lines

Postby rebar1111 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:51 pm

I have installed a 34ADF on a factory single plane manifold without a canister and have done the following. It seems to work but could be better.

1. The bowl vent was routed to the intake manifold.
2. The carb blowby was plugged at the carb.
3. The engine blowby from the crankcase was routed to the carb air cleaner base.
4. The vacuum source for the distributor came from the manifold.
5. The vacuum assist for the brakes came from the manifold.
6. The vent line between the canister and tank was left open at the canister.

I needed no additional ports, but the factory had a bunch of unique fitting to permit the above .

I too would appreciate a response.

MrToon
Your car is a: 1978 CS1

Re: 34 ADF and fuel lines

Postby MrToon » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:57 am

I asked the same question at Mirafiori, Brad Artigue gave an even simpler solution in the link below.
https://www.mirafiori.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=97348

Return to “Engine and Tuning”