Seats... Lets get a FAQ Together

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
RJ80
Your car is a: 1977 Lancia Scorpion

Re: Seats... Lets get a FAQ Together

Postby RJ80 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Finally got some photos of my seat install:

These are the Corbeau Classic seats with Corbeau's 4-point retractable belts. The seats are a bit snug, though the height (installed using Corbeau brackets and sliders that are made specifically for the car) is just slightly higher than stock. The brackets had an extra 1/2 inch spacer used at all four mounting points. Going try to remove that and possibly a little seat bottom foam (it is thick) to shave some height. Not bad as-is, though.

Going for an Abarth Rally look, hence the plain-jane door panels and vintage-style buckets/belts. Next to come are matte aluminum dash panels.

htchevyii
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 Spider hers 1972 Spider his

Postby htchevyii » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Those seats look nice! I like them alot better that the Ricky racer ones I bought.
Trey
1982 SPIDER 2000, 1964 CHEVYII, 1969 Chevy Nova, 2005 DODGE RAM, 1988 Jeep Comanche
1972 Spider, 78 Spider rat racer 57 f-100,

ga.spyder
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000

Postby ga.spyder » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:48 pm

I had very similar Corbeau seats in the last Jeep I owned.Really good support.They are top quality seats.I never dreamed they would look that good in the Spider,or I would have removed them before selling.Nice job.
Craig
Craig Nelson

1982 Spider 2000...pride and joy
1981 Fiat X1/9..gone but not forgotten
1976 124 Spider..the self-healer
2001 BMW 328ci daily driver and track car
Fling It Around Turns !

pope

Postby pope » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 pm

I would assume that a racing seat with multi-point seat belts make it awful hard to talk a cop out of giving you a speeding ticket!

maytag
Your car is a: 1976 124 spider

Postby maytag » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:01 am

a Square-D box in the back seat / shelf? what do you do?
I'm no Boy-Racer..... but if I can't take every on-ramp at TWICE the posted limit.... I'm a total failure!

RJ80
Your car is a: 1977 Lancia Scorpion

Postby RJ80 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Fortunately, I drive pretty conservatively on the street, so hopefully no issues with the local constables ;)

Regarding the box behind the seats... that's what my battery cover was shipped in. My car didn't have one when I bought it, and I finally got one off evilbay. Just haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Nor have I got around to crafting a parcel shelf to replace the rear seats I tore out!

SpiderJim

Re: Seats... Perfect fit??

Postby SpiderJim » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:25 pm

I came across this post so thought to let you guys know in case you missed it

Fiat 124 Spider seat replacement with a Honda

Hate the prices to rebuild or replace those stock seats? Aftermarket too
expensive? Honda Civic LX seats (89-91) fit *perfectly*. Use the
original Fiat rails below the seats. they bolt directly into the Honda
holes (Thread sizes and location are perfect)
I got mine from a Honda indoor wrecking yard for about $30 a pair.
(Black will cost more...) Look for Honda seats with the rails bolting to
the bottom. Others won't fit as easily. They look like thousands, cost
only 1/2 hour and 30 bucks...

amsiegel

Postby amsiegel » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:54 pm

SpiderJim wrote:Hate the prices to rebuild or replace those stock seats? Aftermarket too
expensive? Honda Civic LX seats (89-91) fit *perfectly*. ]

Also the seat from an early 80"s Isuzu trooper (the big one that looks like a range rover) will work. You have to remove both sets of the trooper rails to work The spider seat rail bolts right up. There are 2 small metal pieces that need to be cut off bottom of seat.

Brian

Postby Brian » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:05 am

I know I have posted about this on here before but the thread title makes me want to add my .02.

Mine is a very cheap solution until I have the time, $$ or inclination to do something better.

I replaced mine with '98 Grand Am seats.

http://www.bassler.us/spider/?fn=4

azygoustoyou

Postby azygoustoyou » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:00 am

If any one needs the bottom cushions for their seats when restoring theirs. I have them 4 sale.

Zodiaco

Postby Zodiaco » Wed May 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi Josh,

I found your posting in the Fiat Spider forum. I am also looking for a solution to replace the seats in my Fiat 850 Sport Spider - the original seats are "done" . I found at a local dealer Porsche 914 bucket seats at a very reasonable price (300 for the pair) in a like new condition. Did you succeed in fitting them into your spider?

Thank you
Darius

Schnauzer

Postby Schnauzer » Thu May 12, 2011 1:50 pm

I got your "FAQ". Been wrestling with this since last October. Got mine installed over the last two evenings. I have a post called "Honda S2000 Seats". Pictures will be added by my friend "Doc" Raugust later today. This project was not for the faint of heart or wallet.

Jim

surfingfreeman
Your car is a: 1982 2000 FI

Postby surfingfreeman » Wed May 18, 2011 12:15 am

My girlfriend has a 2003 Saab 93 linear that has these great seats with excellent lumbar support which i desperatly need as i have lower back issues and the leather seats in my 82' 2000 are so small for me and i'm not a giant at 6'2", i guess i am willing to sacrifice the stock look for comfort and support but what to buy, would like to stick with leather. thanks
Mike

Sunracer

Re: Procar Rally seats

Postby Sunracer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:01 pm

These fit:

http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_Rally.asp

they are very comfortable, good side bolsters and lumbar and a big plus to me is they don't look too modern. Note also the vertical double stitch, same as was used on the Spider 2000's. I have them in my 71, changed the back seat to to match with a spider 2000 seat in the back. Another benefit is you can basically bolt on the FIAT sliders with a bit of filing and then they bolt in, no welding or brackets required. FIAT enthusiasts know they aren't stock, but they fool the casual observer. Height is about equal to stock just get the ones with a flat bottom designed for sliders.

nerdrage
Your car is a: 1978 124 spider

Postby nerdrage » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:58 pm

Was the faq ever completed?

Im going to take measurements of my OEM seats in the next few days so that we can have some representations on what may fit.

im currently looking at a set of seats from a cooper, and wondering if i can retro fit them to fit in the fiat, as mine are twisted, buckled, and well, way more trouble to repair than just to replace with non OEM.

i may actually start working on a spreadsheet or something of the like in order to have some standard size comparisons so that it will help others out, as the spider race gets smaller on the older models, we really should combine all of this data into something useful.

Is there a "files area" on this forum in which we can post other things than images?

Stay tuned, pictures and rough sizes coming soon.

Return to “Custom Stuff”